SGI Indigo keyboard / mouse / converter wanted

Andrew Diller dillera at dillernet.com
Sun Feb 20 11:08:56 CST 2022

There was a converter a few years ago that went from 'onyx' to PS/2. That seems to have vanished from ebay. I have some and they say "CKCOMPUTERSYSTEMS" on them - perhaps your friend can chase that down.

The Drak goes to USB which may be better or worse than the CK adapter depending on your keyboard fetish.

Real SGI 'onyx' devices pop up on ebay every once and a while. Make sure they are not SGI PS/2 (which Indigo2 and all later SGIs actually used) - the 'onyx' style will have the mouse attachment to the keyboard itself (the computer just has one DIN connector for m/k not 2 like actual PS/2 devices).

http://www.sgistuff.net/hardware/other/input.html <http://www.sgistuff.net/hardware/other/input.html>

There are a very few SGI vendors around with parts.

http://www.mashek.com/SGIparts/Indigo.php <http://www.mashek.com/SGIparts/Indigo.php>

Lists some available. These may seem like high prices till you watch an ebay listing go higher.

-andy