Is The M9312 Boot Module Essential?

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 14:48:34 CST 2022

Here is how I used mine on a PDP 11/05.  Literally right now.
1.  Boot up the system and use the front panel to load 165020(8)
2.  Run from this address
3.  My system is set to communicate with a Teletype, so it comes to life
and prints the status of the CPU registers to the teletype
4.  I type in L 0 to load memory address 000(8)
5.  I have BASIC stored to load from this address, so the system sends
READY to the teletype and I can then run BASIC commands.

THe M9312 is a luxury, I could just as easily just loaded 000 from the
start and it would have initiated BASIC.

Bill