Retro networking / WAN communities

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Mon Apr 11 18:30:23 CDT 2022

On Apr 11, 2022, at 12:36 PM, Zane Healy via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> You’re one of the people I’d expect to be running 10Base-2 at home.  I only have one 10Mbit switch still online, it’s for my DECserver 90TL, the only 10Base-2 device that I keep online (I have a couple others).

A correction here, I’m talking about a 10Base-T hub with a 10Base-2 connector, not a 10Mbit switch.  I’m too used to using switches.

I do have a 10Base-T to 10Base-2 media converter that I spent a **** of a lot money on, before I realized I simply needed a cheap 10Base-T switch with a 10Base-2 connector.  The media converter is my backup plan if the hub dies.  If the DECserver dies, I’m in trouble.

Zane