Retro networking / WAN communities

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Mon Apr 11 16:57:58 CDT 2022

On 4/11/22 11:27 AM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:
> I still have 10 Mb Ethernet at home (on my Pro, and while it's not
> in use I have a few 10Base2 bits).

Please expand "my Pro".  There's not much to go on.
#LivingRetroVicariouslyThoughOthers

> And I did ATM for a living for about 5 years, back around 1995,
> so I can still talk a bit of that.

I've had some ATM equipment (FORE OC3 switch & FORE OC3 / Ethernet
bridge) before the pre-move-purge.  I'd like to mess with ATM again.  I
view ATM based DSL as a way to get back into ATM.  }:-)

> Hey, you didn't mention FDDI.  :-)

I'm sorry.  It slipped my mind while trying to finish the email.  Rest
assured that both FDDI and it's CDDI cousin are on my list of things to
mess with.  :-D

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die