Retro networking / WAN communities

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Mon Apr 11 17:39:53 CDT 2022

>> I find myself interested in (at least) the following and would like to
>> find others with similar (dis)interests to chat about things.
>>
>>  - 10Base5 / 10Base2 / 10BaseT
>>  - ISDN
>>  - DSL / ADSL / SDSL / HDSL
>>  - T1 / E1
>>  - ATM
>>  - Frame Relay
>>  - ARCnet
>>  - PSTN / PBX / PABX
>
> For your consideration:
>
> - Arpanet (NCP)
> - Tymnet
> - Chaosnet
> - PUP
> - UUCP

If we're going to do Tymnet, we should definitely do Telenet. I'll also throw
in SLIP, since I imagine most remote access nowadays is all PPP, and maybe even
old school EtherTalk or LocalTalk.

I had a T1 locally up until a couple months ago. I still have the smartjack and
the wiring, but DSLX wouldn't support it anymore. They just left the T1
routers, too. They're embedded PowerPC systems I should figure out something
fun to do with.

-- MOVIE IDEA: The Never-Ending E-mail Signature ------------------------------