Retro networking / WAN communities

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Mon Apr 11 17:07:27 CDT 2022

On 4/11/22 2:58 PM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:
> I don't have a 10Base2 switch, but I have an old repeater with 4-5
> 10BaseT ports and a 10Base2 port.  And I have a 10Base2 transceiver
> (as well as 2 or 3 10BaseT transceiver).  Good thing because the Pro
> has an AUI connector.

I have to ask ...

Q1  Would you be referring a "hub"?
Q2  Are your transceivers from AUI to 10Base2 / 10BaseT?  Or are they
something else more mid-span?

Sorry if this is too pedantic.  But I do feel like the pedantry is
somewhat warranted for this list.

> Same here, except unmanaged.  I didn't realize until years into the 1G
> era that 1G is backwards compatible TWO generations, not the usual one.
> And the switch seems to be happy to speak 10 Mb half duplex, nice.

I'm running into issues with switches not supporting 10 / 100 Mbps
management interfaces for other equipment.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die