Quantum ATL-7100 DLT Changer in SLC

Antonio Carlini a.carlini at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 9 12:48:00 CDT 2022

On 09/04/2022 16:58, Zane Healy via cctalk wrote:
> You wouldn’t be able to put TK-70 drives in this, wrong interface.  I don’t know if DEC DLT drives capable of reading TK50’s and TK70’s will work in one.

I have two TZ877 units, each of which contains a TZ87, and those will
read TK50 and TK70 tapes. Whether a TZ87 will work in this drive or not,
I don't know.

The internal interface board in the TZ877 presents a SCSI interface to
the outside world.

I realise no-one is going to put a TZ-anything inside a Quantum tape
library, but just in case ...

Antonio

--

Antonio Carlini