Unix or BSD for Dec PDP 11/34 and 11/45

devin davison lyokoboy0 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 07:29:07 CDT 2021

Thank you for the valuable information.
It seems like v7 unix will be the way to go. Perhaps i can get some uucp
connection going over a serial line out of the machine, that could be
interesting.

I found this page, and it confirms what you said about 2.11 bsd, not
compatible with the 11/34 cpu.

https://minnie.tuhs.org/PUPS/node6.html

On the same page, there is mention of 2.9 bsd, and the 11/34 is listed as
compatible. Is tcpip availible in this version?

Thank you again for the helpful info.

--Devin D.