Archiving classic computer rubber part information

ED SHARPE couryhouse at aol.com
Sat Sep 11 13:09:15 CDT 2021

Thanks Al!  OK the thickness of tubing is not critical?
That black goo is hard to get off  the hands.. what have you found to be the best solvent?   Ed#

Sent from the all new AThanks Al. OL app for Android

  On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 10:51 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> The roller in the HP cartridge tape drives of various models have turned to crap also... I have one that came with an HP 3000 series 37
> mighty mouse system   thst totally goo-ed a tape........ Any one with similar problem find a replacement roller?

Yes, they are easily made from norprene tubing.
I do the same for DEC TU58 rollers.

The trick to cutting them is to put the tubing over a wooden dowel, then
cut with an xacto or single-edge razor blade.