HP 5061-3476: Which boards go where

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Fri Sep 10 22:41:58 CDT 2021

Hi Guy!

Thanks for the post and interesting. No it's not quite the exact power
supply but close. However....

Are you *sure* those cards are in the right slots?

Reason I am asking: When I look at the HP docs they label the
Pre-regulator board as A3A1. A3A1 also has the red LED. The inverter
board (the one with the transistors and transformers) is A3A2. Likewise
the battery charge boards are A3A3, A3A4, and the control board at the
end is A3A5.

The slots are labeled 1-5 with 1 being closest to the power cord and 5
being on the output end. A3A5 will only fit in slot 5, and A3A4 has the
12 volt trim pot that is accessible outside the supply by a cut-out so
it has to be in slot 4. Slot 3 is not used on my unit because I don't
have the battery backup circuits.

However in your picture slot 2 has the LED preregulator board and slot 1
has the one with the transistors and transformers (inverter). So either
your picture has the parts backwards or someone at HP should go to hell
for exceptionally bad numbering.

Does your supply work?