Scanning Suggestions (Bookmarks & Colour)

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Sep 10 13:35:21 CDT 2021

> On Sep 10, 2021, at 12:21 PM, Paul Flo Williams via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> https://hisdeedsaredust.com/2021/09/10/colour-separations-with-graphicsmagick.html

Paul,

You said "At the moment, I’ve been picking the colour by choosing an image with a large area of blue, pulling it into Gimp and successively resampling down until I’ve got a tiny image on which I use the colour dropper tool.".

There's a simpler way.  The GIMP color dropper has a "radius" setting, which you can set to be however big a region you want it to sample.  It will use the average of that region.

By the way, I tried to send an off-list reply to you; that was rejected by some dumb outfit called Spamhouse SBL:

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-X-AAISP-blacklisted: 2001:558:fe21:29:69:252:207:42 listed in Spamhaus SBL

Bizarre message because it doesn't appear in the mail routing of the rejected message, but it maps back to one of the comcast.net mail servers.  Does this mean you have a mail filter that rejects everything from comcast.net customers?  I remember nonsense like that back in the 1990s, but I didn't realize there were still any left that perpetrate such absurd notions.

	paul