Lecture: The evolution of TECO and EMACS – hands-on demo, 2021-09-11, 19:00

Anke Stüber stueberahoo at yahoo.de
Mon Sep 6 09:23:10 CDT 2021

Hi all,

you're invited to the Update computer club[0] public lecture series
"Updateringar"[1]!

When:  2021-09-11, 19:00 CEST
Where: https://bbb.cryptoparty.se/b/upd-0mo-m2u-aq8

The evolution of TECO and EMACS – hands-on demo
The Emacs text editor has long been an important tool among programmers,
and has a long and rich history. I will talk about the development of
the TECO and Emacs line of editors throughout history. The emphasis is
on practical demonstration of programs found through software
archaeology. True to form, the bulk of the presentation will be
broadcast using ancient technology.
Lars Brinkhoff (ICtech)

The lecture is free and open to everyone.

Upcoming: 2021-10-09, 19:00: Update Computer Club: History and
not-so-certain future. Pontus Pihlgren (Update)

Don't want to miss upcoming events? Subscribe to our low-traffic
announcement list by sending a mail with the body "subscribe announce"
to majordomo at update.uu.se!

Hope to see you there,
Anke

[0] https://www.update.uu.se/index_eng.html