Looking for an IBM 3803

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sun Sep 5 17:35:35 CDT 2021

On 9/5/2021 2:55 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 9/5/21 1:24 PM, Gabriel Nielson via cctalk wrote:
>> I was digging through the internet and found a post where a 3803 was posted for sale, would there happen to still be one available?Preferably a model 2
>> Thanks,gcnielson at yahoo.com
>>
> Aside from a couple of sales of 3420+3803 drives about 5-6 years ago,
> about the only current sale is just the panel:
>
> ttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153912466858?hash=item23d5e5ddaa:g:P8QAAOSw86ZeqMBo
>
> --Chuck
There's a transformer about 2' on a side and the unit weight around 800
or 900#.  Make sure it's close, or the freight will exceed the cost,
even @ Sellam's asking price.

I sold one to a couple of guys in northern california some time ago.  I
never heard whether they got the tape or disk systems running or not.

thanks
Jim