Mystery 1702A(?) EPROM Programmer

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 31 08:53:36 CDT 2021

I also agree, it looks like the MP7-03 with some I/O buffering. My guess is that the connector on the back is similar to the interface to the SIM4-01. There would be address, data and a strobe to do the programming.
The way it works on the SIN4 setup is that the programmer supplies the timing for the pulses but the 4004 supplies the duration of the programming pulses. So the programming sequence would be to hold the programming active for about 79 milliseconds then delay long enough for pulses to stop before changing the address and data.
This would be a simple Arduino program.
Hopefully the programming signal is a low so that it would be in the read mode with nothing driving it. Do remember, the 1702A is a PMOS part and is a hard pull up and a weaker pull down, unlike TTL.
Dwight