Tape Belts, was: FTGH: FH disk drives (and one HH) - Toronto + Scotch DC 300XL tapes

Jonathan Chapman lists at glitchwrks.com
Sat Oct 30 21:38:55 CDT 2021

The belts are more or less all failing at this point, even on the newer multi-gigabyte QICs. I finally had to stop extracting the good ones from newer tapes, boiling, and reusing because that was not reliable anymore. Seems everyone is using these nowadays:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08536J6Y5

Thanks,
Jonathan