LINCtape images

Vincent Slyngstad vincent.slyngstad at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 16:23:25 CDT 2021

On 10/29/2021 5:22 AM, Christian Corti via cctalk wrote:
> Short question:
> How do I transfer LINCtape images back to tape on a PDP-12? Ideally
> there is some binary program to load via papertape to format a tape and
> recreate it with data transfer over the console serial line.

I was thinking to write a version of dumprest for my LINCtape drives,
but since my PDP-12 isn't that far along yet, I haven't gotten to it.

There seem to be a couple of formats that were frequently used, and a
third lesser used format.  One of the issues is that you have to go into
maintenance mode, as far as I can tell, to determine the size of the
block you just read into memory.

	Vince