Sun-2 and Sun-3 mice (eBay)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 16:00:26 CDT 2021

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 10:00 AM Alan Perry <aperry at snowmoose.com> wrote:
> Aside from the posts on the side of the connector, what is unique about the cable and connector? What’s the deal with those posts? Aside from them, it looks like a 6P4C with only three leads connected.

AFAIK, the posts are there so you don't plug your mouse into a phone
jack or a modem port.  There are cutouts on the back of the Sun3
keyboard to admit that connector.

One could almost certainly start with a 6P4C cable and fix up the
mouse end and re-use a Sun4 mouse, but for show/display purposes, it
would be clearly a substitute.

That's why my original plan for home use was to make a Sun4 keyboard
cable adapter - if it's just me, I can use a newer keyboard/mouse.

-ethan