Maybe - re- DMX11

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Wed Oct 27 10:25:32 CDT 2021

It may have been what became the KMC11 cpu, the interesting thing from
the notes was that DEC developed it for block mode protocols (what a
typical race track betting machine would use) but then tried to stuff in
Async modes as well. The change (approved by DEC management because they
thought the resulting product would sell better) broke the board.

It's possible that DEC cut it down from a 64 to 48 line solution by
removing 2 DZ11's... The KMC11 could handle block mode protocols, correct?