Looking for manual for MDB MLSI-LP11

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Tue Oct 26 14:49:40 CDT 2021

> On Oct 26, 2021, at 12:21 PM, Nigel Johnson Ham via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Does anybody have any sources other than bitsavers and vcf?

Hi Nigel,

I have hardcopy of a 15 or so page loose leaf manual for “MDB PDP-11 LINE PRINTER CONTROLLER (CENTRONICS INTERFACE)”, and believe I also have the matching quad-height board in my stores.

The manual has pinouts and a six or seven page “theory of operation” section with timing diagrams and block diagrams, but no actual schematics.

It claims toward the end that “The MDB PDP-11 Line Printer Controller is completely compatible with DEC diagnostic software.  Use that software to verify correct operation and for trouble analysis.”

I would be happy to scan this later this evening and send you a copy if that would be helpful?

          —FritzM.