Sun-2 and Sun-3 mice (eBay)

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Tue Oct 26 13:20:37 CDT 2021

> On Oct 26, 2021, at 2:14 PM, Zane Healy via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On Oct 26, 2021, at 7:45 AM, Ethan Dicks via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 2:43 AM r.stricklin via cctech
>> <cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>> https://www.ebay.com/sch/xi_jinping/m.html?item=334195034340&hash=item4dcf9388e4%3Ag%3Ar%7EcAAOSwFVhhd12t&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
>>>
>>> Hadn't realized before that there were Sun-2 mice which weren't black (were white/beige). I know some folks are looking.
>>
>> I am in need of a Sun3 mouse but that one looks like it got pulled out
>> from under the porch.
>>
>> -etha
>
> It doesn’t really look any worse than the “hockey puck” mouse that’s now on my VAXstation 4000/90 did, before I cleaned it up.  Not sure where I got that mouse from, I’ve probably had it for 20+ years, especially given where I found it a few months ago, when I went looking for one.  It was disgusting enough that I didn’t really want to touch it.  The cleaner mouse didn’t work.

FWIW: I don't know what the brown color comes from in this case, but I've in the past cleaned up some electronics that was badly encrusted with tobacco smoke residue.  A very effective cleaner for that is Windex, which is also quite mild and unlikely to harm any plastics.  At an earlier time I used alcohol, which worked too but badly messed up a plexiglass display cover on the device in question.  Plexiglass is odd that way, it's one of the few plastics that is damaged by ethanol.

	paul