Apple I auction

Alan Perry aperry at snowmoose.com
Sun Oct 24 11:17:58 CDT 2021

Not really. Real auction houses do a lot of work staging and photographing as well as researching items to present them and get them in front of the right audience to maximize the sale price.

I just returned home with a large item (required a 10-foot UHaul) that I won at auction through Prop Store (70s through present ‘genre’ movies and TV props, costumes, etc.). They do a 25% buyers premium. Between the catalog photography, the livestream bidding process, the research on the history on the item, and the assistance provided to get it on the truck, I think they earned their premium fee.

alan