cctalk Digest, Vol 85, Issue 3

Fred fred at MISER.MISERNET.NET
Wed Oct 6 15:19:25 CDT 2021

> Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 19:54:02 -0700
> From: "Ali" <cctalk at ibm51xx.net>

> Procomm was the first terminal program I used that was easy to
> understand and work with. Of course I was using it mainly to dial BBSes

I also started with ProComm Plus for DOS.   Just like WordPerfect of the
time (5.x) I sure had all of those key sequences memorized....

I think I still have a copy on my old DOS workstation that I used to use.
Need to fire that up this winter.

> With windows I actually started using ZOC which seemed to run better and

Thank you for this tip.  I had an old IBM NetVista all-in-one workstation
that I wanted to resurrect, finally did so within the last month (running
eComStation!) , and of course needed a way to connect to other things on
the network here.  A terminal emulator is a must. :)

Installed ZOC, and now replying to this message connected to my Alpha in
the house.  (the NetVista workstation is in the back garage....because who
doesn't need a workstation in the garage just in case?)

Now I need to see if I can find a halfway usable web browser...

Fred