LINCtape images

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Wed Nov 3 11:13:07 CDT 2021

On 11/2/2021 9:53 PM, Vincent Slyngstad via cctalk wrote:
> On 11/2/2021 2:25 PM, Jay Jaeger via cctalk wrote:
>> Here is a program I wrote for reading/writing tape images via XModem
>> protocol for my PDP-12, and another for comparing two linctapes.
>
> Cool!  I was able to recover the code and convert it into a more modern
> PAL dialect.  Your listings also don't display the many literals that
> were generated on page zero (except sort of implicitly).
>
> In making the page zero literals line up (so that the code matches the
> originals), I found two locations in xmtape which are coded as
>      TAD    (16.
> but the code references a new literal at location 0161, instead of the
> previously generated one at location 0166.  This is at location 0567 and
> again at 0666.
>
> (In the PAL assemblers, the "(" must be a "[", you can't use "." to
> change radix, etc. etc.)
>
>      Vince

I probably used LAP-6 or DIAL to do the assembly - I don't recall right
now.

It seems you didn't notice that I included two separate programs in my

In XMTAPE we see:

0215  0315 1161 0020         TAD (16.
0540  0567 1161 0020         TAD (16.
0646  0666 1161 0020         TAD (16.

In CMPTAP - a separate program - we see:

0216  0336 1166 0020         TAD (16.

JRJ