SQ703/6 conversion and a little fun

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 23:04:59 CDT 2021

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 4:23 AM Nigel Johnson Ham via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> A few months ago, thanks to help from several people here, I converted
> an SQ703 TMSCP controller to SQ706 MSCP.

> It seems that one of the PALs is maybe setting up the address!
>
> Anybody else tried this?

I never tried it with a Dilog SQ703 and SQ706. The two that I have
have numerous differences between the boards, which made me skeptical
that just a simple EPROM swap would be the only change necessary.

However with the newer S-handle versions of the Dilog TMSCP SQ3703A
and MSCP SQ3706A boards that I have, they appear identical except for
the EPROMs. On those I did try swapping the EPROMs between the two
boards and that did appear to completely swap them between TMSCP and
MSCP functionality.