How to read Osborne 1 Floppies?

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Wed May 26 21:01:40 CDT 2021

On May 26, 2021, at 11:12 AM, Marvin Johnston <marvin at west.net> wrote:
> Depending on when you need them, VCFMW is coming up in a few months. I have a number of Osborne 1's as well as a couple of 386 machines set up with Teledisk (I bought it *years* ago when it became available to listmembers), imagedisk, and *maybe* Dave Dunfields IMD(?). As VCFMW gets closer and you still need these floppies read, let me know and I'll put the machines in with the stash of "junque" to unload :).
>
> I *think* you are on the East coast, and it would surprise me if the RICM doesn't have working Osbornes.
>
> Marvin

Both the person with the floppies, and I are in Oregon.

I remember that Teledisk buy, thanks, you pointed me in the right direction, and I found backups of my DOS C:\ Drive on my Mac with Teledisk and 22Disk, it looks like they’re both unlicensed copies though.  That group purchase was way in March ’99, I managed to find the email from Bruce Lane, that was the HARD part, then I had to find the email attachment.  That was easy.  If Mail.app would do a better job of searching my email archives, it would have been easy to find the email itself.

Zane