How to read Osborne 1 Floppies?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed May 26 13:23:06 CDT 2021

On Wed, 26 May 2021, Marvin Johnston via cctalk wrote:
> Depending on when you need them, VCFMW is coming up in a few months. I have a
> number of Osborne 1's as well as a couple of 386 machines set up with
> Teledisk (I bought it *years* ago when it became available to listmembers),
> imagedisk, and *maybe* Dave Dunfields IMD(?). As VCFMW gets closer and you
> still need these floppies read, let me know and I'll put the machines in with
> the stash of "junque" to unload :).
>
> I *think* you are on the East coast, and it would surprise me if the RICM
> doesn't have working Osbornes.

Yes, a working Osborne, with a serial port, XMODEM or equivalent, a null
modem cable, and a working "current" computer with serial port and XMODEM
equivalent should do just fine.

Since the task is to copy the FILES, (NOT image the disks), then Teledisk,
Imagedisk, etc. might be useful as an intermediate step, but will not do
what is needed.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com