Rod Coleman's personal history of founding, building & running SAGE

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 21:02:28 CST 2021

North Bay is not on the DEW line the DEW line is above the arctic circle
and while North Bay may seem like the far north to some it is a long way
below the arctic circle is actually at about the level of the Pine Tree
Line.  CFB North Bay was the SAGE site for the 22nd NORAD region.  The
SAGE site was 600 ft under ground in a cavern carved out of solid rock.
I had the good fortune of going on a tour of the underground while the
AN/FSQ-7 computers where still operating.

Paul.