resistor packs for terminating SCSI bus inside Exabyte 8020

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 18:23:47 CST 2021

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 3:59 PM Nigel Johnson via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I stand corrected, my 8200 has 3x 8-pin sip sockets!
>
> Nigel

OK, that matches my two EXB-8200 that I just looked at, and also these
images from eBay listings:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rh0AAOSwSdFe3p7v/s-l1600.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Cq4AAOSwFNFf8B9i/s-l1600.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Cr8AAOSwPbBf0Ajm/s-l1600.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/pkkAAOSwjylaob~P/s-l1600.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/C20AAOSwq4VaOqBm/s-l1600.jpg

The first image above shows (3x) 8-pin SIP parts installed, which
appear visually similar to the parts that are installed in the second
EXB-8200 I have. I don't recognize the part number. It appears to be
something like "WT04 9020", where "WT" could possibly be Walsin
Technology. I can find some datasheets for Walsin Technology WT04
surface mount resistor arrays, but not SIP parts. Maybe the "9020" is
a date code, and these are obsolete parts from that vendor and
datasheets are no longer available, or at least not easy to find.

In any case, current Bourns 4608X-104-221/331L / 4608X-104-221/331LF
or 4308R-104-221/331L parts might do the trick. (Or just cable it up
for external termination).