CWVG

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Sat Aug 28 17:01:12 CDT 2021

On 8/28/2021 3:06 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 8/28/21 12:27 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
>> On 8/28/21 12:12 PM, Jay Jaeger via cctalk wrote:
>>
>>> I have successfully read a couple of Mod I disks (143KB).  But some
>>> have not read very well.
>>
>> I played with one when they came out. The software wasn't ready for
>> prime time.
>>
>> I had hoped it had gotten better since then. Even something basic like
>> ^C out of a transfer
>> locked the board up.
>
> I believe that I used an MPI 100 tpi drive when I processed the Vector 4
> images.   Came off without a hitch using a Catweasel.
>
> Raw decoded image was about 600K.
>
> One of the first jobs was to decode the memorite disk itself.
>
> Here's the disk image dump, if you're curious.
>
> https://app.box.com/s/mw9pk2xmrcr8ageu2ueuutvk4b6iw721
>
> --Chuck

Back in 2005 I imaged both my Mod I and Mod II floppies using my Altair
and a program I wrote way way wayyyyyy back when for transferring floppy
images called "XMT".  But I like to image floppies two different ways,
and the Greaseweazle cannot (yet) deal with hard sectoring.

Of course, I could also use my catweasel with these drives directly -
but kind of a pain to do.

JRJ