Ultrix-11 Networking

Douglas Taylor dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 28 12:03:13 CDT 2021

Yes, I did create a new kernel and copy it to the correct place and
chmod 644 the new unix file.
On my Debian system I can install ftpd and telnetd (they are still in
the Debian package list) which are the unsecure ones, but I don't know
how to configure them or start them.  As in, # systemctl  restart ftpd

It turns out to not be a hot topic: "How do I make my Liinux system less
secure?",  but for us that noodle around with old computers with
obsolete operating systems it is exactly what we need.  In the past I
remember using Filezilla to go from a Windows7 machine into a Vax
without any problem.

Doug