dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 28 11:43:28 CDT 2021
Its been fun working with Ultrix-11 and have had success with the help
of the list. Thanks. The tape file from Bill Gunshannon will create a
working system. Yay!
I'm at the point of trying to network the SIMH pdp11 Ultrix-11 system.
I have a few observations:
1. The youtube video 'Ultrix-11' shows connecting to sunOS systems. OK,
he did this by simply issuing a single ifconfig command. That didn't
work for me.
2. Instead, I used the netsetup script supplied with the system, and had
to reboot to get networking up. I did seem to come up OK.
3. The SIMH FAQ suggests using a 2nd ethernet port, I was able to do
this. The linux computer I am running SIMH on has 2 ports.
4. The Ultrix-11 telnet ftp are old, unsecure versions, how do you
connect to a modern Linux machine? The Linux machines refuse the
5. I also looked at the tuhs archive. The Fred build script that
generates a tk50 bootable tape image didn't work for me. I substituted
a file for the tape device and it caused SIMH to Halt.
More information about the cctech