DEC BA11-K KY11-L mounting brackets -- how?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Apr 20 20:39:40 CDT 2021

    > From: From: Fritz Mueller

    > two solutions come to mind -- the one you mention here with nut and
    > washer, or inserting a hex-head machine screw in the other direction.
    > Either the nut or the hex-head screw could then be secured with a small
    > combination wrench.

Well, if you put the bolt in first (which you'd kind of have to do, if going
from front to back, with the adapter already mounted to the KY11-L), you'd
have to hold it in place while you offer the KY11-L up to the BA11-K. Which
was why I was originally thinking, put the bolt in in the other direction,
which you can do after you put the KY11-L+adapter in place.

But that brings up another idea: put the bolt in place (on the adapter), use
a first (thin) nut (with washer, if necessary) to hold it in place, then bolt
the adapter to the KY11-L bezel, then mount the whole works up to the BA11-K.

Not sure which would work better. I'd probably go with the 'pointing forward'
bolt, and use a lock-washer (or one of those nuts with integral lock-washer),
and then you can mostly tighten with a Phillips driver from the rear. But the
extra washer might be easier to put together (if it doesn't push the KY11-L
bezel too far forward).

	Noel