R65F11

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 27 10:59:56 CDT 2020

I have one of the NC4016 boards ( I forget which one ). I added a XT floppy controller and a XT MFM disk controller. I made some other hardware for doing byte stuff faster. Using address -1, I could access it faster as a short literal. I had a 8 bit barrel shifter there. It came in handy for the XT controllers. The processor was fast enough that I had to add delays to the code to the floppy controller. It would run faster than the floppy controller could provide status. Still, I was using it with direct processor access and the controller was really expected to be used with a DMA transfers in a XT computer. The MFM hard drive controller was much easier to deal with.
 National also had a bunch of stackable computer modules. One of these modules had the NSC800 processor with a Forth ROM built in.
 Rockwell liked Forth and used it quite a bit in their development system as well as having it on their AIM 65 machines.
Dwight