VAX 6000 in Linwood NC on Facebook

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 15:42:00 CDT 2020

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 2:56 AM jim stephens via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> > https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2854584287984635/
> Vax 6000-310
> Linwood, NC
>
> Main question I had, does this require a console machine to get
> running?  like the Professional 380 which is badged as "Vax Console"?

No.  The 6000-series just has a serial console.

I've used these in more than one job, but I never had to open them up
to fix them - they were way more reliable than the older models I
worked on in the 80s and 90s.

Nice machines, good amount of horsepower for the era, easy to
upgrade... I just live way too far away to consider attempting to get
it.

It's also overkill for a single-user workstation.  ;-)

-ethan