Any interest in "newer" hardware, software?

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Tue Jul 28 09:35:57 CDT 2020

On 7/24/2020 1:36 AM, Boris Gimbarzevsky via cctalk wrote:

> found a box of old Univac cards which appear to be DTL with individual
> transistors and then go on to having DTL IC's as well as some old IBM
> cards.  Used to pull transistors and diodes off these to build my own
> circuits 50 years ago.  Now, with storage being so ridiculously cheap
> haven't even come close to making a dent in the capacity of a 256 Gb SD

I might be interested in boards with Fairchild DTL chips, as I have a
DTL-based disk controller on my HP 2114 that needs work. Not sure if
Univac used Fairchild DTL, though. Could you perhaps read off a few part
numbers whenever you get a chance?

My DTL chips have markings like:

DT uL93659   (Chip type 936)
 F 7016

DT uL909759   (Chip type 9097)
 F 7013

(I expect 7016 and 7013 are date codes.  Not sure what the "59" is about.)

I might also be interested in particular IBM cards, if you are referring
to SMS cards (those with discrete transistors, made from tan colored
board stock), depending up on their card type (if you capture a name,
like DFB-, or a 6 digit part number, I can see if they are of interest
to me.)

JRJ