Any interest in "newer" hardware, software?

Boris Gimbarzevsky boris at summitclinic.com
Sat Jul 25 04:03:22 CDT 2020

Mike:

Just looked in more detail at photographs of my
notes in drive box and appears I did verify that
drive motor worked in 1987.  Project to get this
drive connected to my C64 got derailed by my
being accepted to medical school a couple of
months after my last interaction with that drive.
Was somewhat surprised to discover that 8" floppy
drive as I thought the Vic20 box had my other
TI99 computer which might have been lost at some
point in last 30 years and multiple moves.

Never had a chance to try reading an 8" PDP-11
floppy in it and no longer have any as all of
them went to Glen Slick in 2008 when he got my
MINC and related hardware.  There was an
interesting computer surplus store in Seattle
that I no longer recall name of, but one of
landmarks was a company that sold Buffalo Wipes
nearby.  Unfortunately places like this no longer
exist and remember it being crammed full of
various bits of electronics that would have to be
lifted out of way to see what was buried
underneath.  Easy to spend a day in there poking
around.  Everything was as-is and often just good for parts.

Location you've specified as a means of
transferring drive a good one and a short drive
from Kamloops and one I like doing but
unfortunately limited to Canadian side of border now.

Did run across a couple of 80486 boards today and
must have played with them as found some 80 Mb
HDD's in same box.  One was fully loaded with about 8 Mb of RAM!

Boris