SCSI2SD & Amiga's

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at thereinhardts.org
Tue Jul 7 14:24:24 CDT 2020

What version of the SCSD2SD V5 do you have?  The V5.1 was reworked to boot faster (so claims the site here <http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php/SCSI2SD#Which_version_should_you_buy_.3F> ) and the V6 boots even faster I believe.
> Extra FRIGGIN awesome is I can pull the SD card out, shove it in a Win10 laptop and boot the same OS on WinUAE... copy stuff on, pull SD card out stuff it back in the physical system and go.
>
> It would be nice if the SCSI2SD was mounted on a expansion cover plate though, with the LEDs visible and the SD card accessible externally.

That's how I them mounted in my MicroVAX 3100 and AlphaServer DS10.  On the Alphaserver I bought the 3.5" bracket and replaced the floppy disk with it.  On the MicroVAX I used the same 3.5" bracket and mounted it in a 5.25" to 3.5" bracket with a homemade baseplate.

SCSI2SD mounting bracket: <https://store.inertialcomputing.com/product-p/scsi2sd-v5.1-v6-bracket-black.htm>

StarTech 3.5" to 5.35" mount <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HLZXH2>

--
John H. Reinhardt