SCSI2SD & Amiga's (was: About to dump a bunch of Compaq SCSC...)

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757.org
Tue Jul 7 13:02:02 CDT 2020

> Am I correct that a v5.1 SCSI2SD should work just fine?  Anything I need
> to be aware of?

I run a SCSI2SD on my A2500 with whatever SCSI card it has by default. The
only issue that I have is the SCSI2SD boots slower than the Amiga, so when
I power on the Amiga I have to wait a few seconds then do the A+A+Control
reboot three finger salute (or whatever it is.) Before it's ready the
Amiga just sits at a white screen forever, but after a reboot the SCSI2SD
is ready and it boots fine.

Extra FRIGGIN awesome is I can pull the SD card out, shove it in a Win10
laptop and boot the same OS on WinUAE... copy stuff on, pull SD card out
stuff it back in the physical system and go.

It would be nice if the SCSI2SD was mounted on a expansion cover plate
though, with the LEDs visible and the SD card accessible externally.

  -- :
Ethan O'Toole