Unisys MCP (was: Re: UniSys ClearPath OS/2200 Express?)

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Thu Jul 2 15:05:16 CDT 2020

Alan,

On Wed, Jul 01, 2020 at 08:00:00PM -0700, Alan Perry via cctalk wrote:

> Got it installed and running on a Windows 10 VM on my MacBook. Pretty
> interesting, but I haven't used MCP since '89 and seldom used the ODT
> (console) on A Series systems when I did, so lots of trying to recall
> how to do stuff.

I got it installed and running on a Windows 7 VM on my 2009 Mac last night.
I've never used MCP before, so there's been lots of reading trying to learn
how to do stuff.  I didn't have much time to work with it last night, so I
haven't gotten very far yet.

Has anyone attempted to run MCP Express under Wine on Linux?  I don't know
how long I'll be able to use the VM I currently have it running on.  I don't
have a Windows license key for it.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.