Unisys MCP (was: Re: UniSys ClearPath OS/2200 Express?)

Alan Perry aperry at snowmoose.com
Wed Jul 1 22:00:00 CDT 2020

On 7/1/20 12:33 PM, Antonio Carlini via cctalk wrote:
> On 01/07/2020 19:26, Alan Perry via cctalk wrote:
>>
>> I submitted the form last night and got the download link about 8am
>> Pacific time this morning. The download was 2.66G. I haven't installed
>> it yet.
>>
>> alan
>>
> "The software license expires on July 31st of each calendar year and
> must be renewed by re-registering with Unisys and then downloading and
> installing a new package."
>

> Maybe I'll wait a few weeks before requesting a licence?

Got it installed and running on a Windows 10 VM on my MacBook. Pretty
interesting, but I haven't used MCP since '89 and seldom used the ODT
(console) on A Series systems when I did, so lots of trying to recall
how to do stuff.

The disk image and machine config file are stored separately from
ClearPath MCP Express, so I should be able to just point the new package
to it when renewal time comes up.

alan