AED WINC08

Eric Moore mooreericnyc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 00:27:29 CST 2019

Hello, I have a working AED WINC08 drive, which is a winchester drive
emulated to look like an RL02, along with the qbus controller card.

https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_aedbrochurJan82_2107642/page/n1

The winchester drive itself is a fujitsu M2302B. One of the disks (it shows
up as 2 10MB volumes in RT-11) is having write issues. How can I find a
replacement disk drive in working order? The 2302b has a shugart compatible
interface, so should any shugart compatible 8" winchester drive work in the
aed winc08 rl02 emulator?

What other options do I have to attach a winchester drive to an 11/03 for
use in rt-11? I have an RL02 I have never hooked up, do the disk packs hold
up well over time? How hard is it to clean and align an 8" winchester drive
to try and address the write issue?

Thank you,

-Eric