DEC KA650 VAX memory troubleshooting (video)

Joe Zatarski joezatarski at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 20:33:10 CDT 2019

Hey Everyone,

I just thought I'd share a video of how I'm going about troubleshooting the
bad DRAMs on my MS650 memory board.

https://youtu.be/eDMhdAEFEgc

I apologize for the shaky-cam, I don't have a tripod, and I needed to do a
lot of panning anyway.

I will be sharing my notes on the MS650 once I have a chance to write them
up properly as well. I wasn't able to find a printset for the RAM card
itself, so I assume one doesn't exist in digital form yet. I have
documented what bit and memory range each DRAM on the card corresponds to,
which may help someone troubleshooting in the future

Regards,
Joe Zatarski