Value of Burroughs B9974 disk pack

Alan Perry aperry at snowmoose.com
Thu Jun 13 14:33:17 CDT 2019

When I worked for Burroughs/Unisys, I was one of the last people working
on software for B1000. I think I was the sole user of the B1965 at their
Lake Forest (Orange County) California office in '88-89. I was
surrounded in my cubicle by all of the disk packs for that system. My
favorite systems while at Burroughs was the B1000s.

One of those type of disk packs is up on eBay right now and I am trying
to decide whether to buy it. It is $60 plus another $40 for shipping. Is
that too much? I almost never see Burroughs stuff, so, if I want
Burroughs stuff, I should just get it, right?

alan