Resurrecting integrated circuits by cooking them.

Jeffrey S. Worley technoid6502 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 15:50:02 CDT 2019

On Wed, 2019-07-24 at 21:24 -0400, Pete Rittwage wrote:
I did some lookup on the reflow temperatures for various solder
materials because my gut told me 250 degrees is too low to do any good.
Turns out this is so.  250 CELCIUS maybe, but Fahrenheit? not.

https://www.google.com/search?q=melting+point+of+solder&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=lNlL1odJeOshrM%253A%252Cdl2_5Te6VgKpAM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRutgIaitoyNNmWoI_dbqyF1P0xmQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi17--3_NXjAhUK2FkKHZhiCaIQ9QEwAHoECAEQAw#imgrc=lNlL1odJeOshrM
:

Here's a link to that information.  It looks like 220 Celciums is about
right.  So if you were in Fahrenheit then that would explain the total
failure of the experiment and make it worth retrying.

RSVP

YHOSvt.

** TNM **