Scanning question (Is destruction of old tech docs a moral crime?)

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sun Jul 21 17:51:58 CDT 2019

Yes, the variable sized dots was a significant upgrade from the oversized
fixed dots.

The oversized fixed dots (LJII) were a significant upgrade from the
undersized fixed dots (LJ, LJ+), and made it possible to finally get a
solid black.  THAT had been a major problem.   See the illustrations of
text screens in Sybex books 30 years ago.  I could not get acceptable
quality for white on black text until the LJII.

The undersized fixed dots were a significant upgrade from the previous dot
matrix printers.

ALL great sellers!