5 1/4 diskettes available

Guy Dunphy guykd at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 10 20:36:26 CDT 2019

At 12:25 PM 10/07/2019 -0700, you wrote:

>On 7/10/19 11:32 AM, Will Cooke via cctalk wrote:
>
>> https://www.bgmicro.com/4-pack-of-5-25-floppy-diskettes-with-sleeves.aspx
>
>They have hub rings, so they are probably 360K

And the index hole.

Thanks Will, this is quite fortuitous. I've just restored a HP 82901 dual 5.25" drive,
which now runs, responds on the HP-IB bus, but I don't yet have facility to test R/W files.
Next is to find some floppies to suit. I can't find any mention of what floppy type it uses,
but the model specs are:
  Double sided, 35 tracks/side, 16 sectors, 256 byte sectors, MFM, optical index hole sensor.
  Total capacity: Listed as 270KB, but above gives 286,720 bytes. (280KB)
So probably 360K disks would work?
I'll have a few boxes of old 360K somewhere, and digging them out was on my list for today.

So, nice timing. Ordered about 80. No hurry, since I still don't have a suitable HP-IB card.
Looking for a couple of cards that are PCI and listed in http://www.hp9845.net/9845/projects/hpdir/

Pic of the drive here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/what-did-you-buy-today-post-your-latest-purchase!/msg2537844/#msg2537844
I also have a HP 9121 (working with my HP 1630G) and 9123 (both 3.5"), looking for a HP 9895A (8")

The origin of this project is that I have 3.5" disks with ALL the disassembler utils for the HP 1630
logic analyzer, and want to archive them to PC (and put online, with other people waiting for this.)

Guy