Lots of Apple 1 computers @ VCF West

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Mon Jul 8 20:16:46 CDT 2019

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019, Chris Hanson via cctalk wrote:
> Why? That is, what’s the advantage of having 10+ instead of one or two?

I have heard that there is quite a bit of variation from one to the next.
But I haven't had the chance to see several side by side to compare.
It hadn't yet reached the stage of mass production of absolutley identical
units.

The PEOPLE who have them, and the stories about how they got into it are
also interesting.
Even the people who bought into it more recently.
"WHY?"  "If you're willing to pay that kind of money, maybe you should
come look at some of the stuff that I no longer need."

> The Apple I never did very much, so is there really much to actually show on them?
>
> I hope they’re not crowding out anything more interesting.

Not to worry.  Evan is very capable of expanding the space if it gets too
crowded, rather than turning away anything that is more interesting.
If anything, having the crowds all clustered around the "artifacts of
divine provenance" will make it less crowded around the good stuff!

I hope that my health holds up well enough to fill the consignment area
with a few cubic meters of stuff that I need to get out of my house.
And, not to worry, I will not be bringing any Apple 1 computers.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com