RSTS emulation in a browser (now "FILMGR")

John Foust jfoust at threedee.com
Sun Dec 15 21:23:33 CST 2019

At 11:11 PM 12/13/2019, John Foust via cctalk wrote:
>Another RSTS question.  One of my rescued tapes has only several
>files with the extension ".FLB"  Compared to other files of the
>sets, these are relatively large... up to a meg or so.

I'd found some RAD-50 filenames in the headers at constant positions,
names like I24J19.DAT and K82LOG.DAT.  Not the source code I was
hoping for - maybe some kind of login/logout logs, or program usage logs.

The smaller FLB files seem to contain some text and code
fragments, confirming the idea that it didn't bother to
compress the last partial block of a file.

Someone on comp.sys.dec thought they might be from the FMS-11
forms management system but that doesn't make sense based on
the contents I see so far.

- John