RSTS emulation in a browser

Boris Gimbarzevsky boris at summitclinic.com
Tue Dec 10 14:04:00 CST 2019

Downloaded files for previous PDP-11 emulator but couldn't get it to
run.  Link to German site at bottom of your post works fine and Unix
runs about same speed that it ran on my 11/34 in 1983.  Scary that
coding a PDP-11 emulator in an incredibly inefficient scripting
language such as Javascript matches speed of the machine I was using
back then.  That slowness just applies to Unix; all of my code back
then was written in PDP-11 assembler which allowed data sampling at
20 KHz from A/D and essentially bypassed most of RT-11 to get
speed.  Will play around more with this emulator when have time.

Unfortunately, a lot of people now seem to think that Javascript can
be used to code large projects such as the provincial system which
allows one to access patients reports and lab results from whole
province; my comment to them was that it does a great simulation of a
paper chart but also emulating a sloth with a fondness for
barbiturates turning chart pages made it essentially useless.