Portable terminals

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Mon Sep 10 14:18:14 CDT 2018

On 9/10/18 12:02 PM, Ali via cctalk wrote:
>finding a no name Android tablet w/ the basics that runs Android 7 or above at that $50 to $75 price point.

As sad as it sounds, I'm thinking now it may make sense to gut the electronics and just use the case, lcd
and kb to make a dumb terminal. At least then you don't have to screw around with serial dongles.

I remembered why I stalled getting the wm8650 going as a dumb terminal, it's a PITA to get Linus (no android)
running on it.